How to compose a title page for a research paper in APA format
If you are writing a research paper in APA format that really means that your paper needs to be presented in a particular way. It does not have a huge bearing on the arguments that you make or your style of writing so much as it affects the physical layout of the sections you create.
One of the key differences between APA style format and others is that APA requires a title page. So how do you compose a title page for a research paper in APA format?
That part is easy.
- The running head. The term “running head” is all in CAPS and it is followed by the title of your paper (or at least the first handful of words if it is a long title). This should be placed at the top left hand corner of the paper.
- Opposite the running head is the page number. The page number is placed on the upper right hand side and prior to it should be the first few words of your title. v
- In the middle of the page and centered should be your title followed by your name on the next line and the university name on the next line.
This is all there is to cover page. You keep everything in the middle double spaced. You keep all of the text in size 12 and in Times New Roman or Arial font.
This same style and structure applies to all papers that are written in the APA style and are submitted for any class that you take. So now that the cover page is out of the way you need to move on the body of your text and selecting an appropriate title:
- Style. You should keep the writing formal. You should also have the big picture (the marker) in mind when writing this paper. This is simply because you are writing a serious essay that will make or break your career.
- Be creative. Creativity is the most important part of writing a thesis. You should be wise enough to note that you don’t have to agree entiry with another person’s point of view. Nor should you disagree with all writers in that field. You should simply bring in your own way of thinking and prove your point. Its as simple as that.