20 great accounting topics for your research paper
- Auditing collusion. This topic can cover auditing in general or a specific area of auditing depending on the expertise you have and the scope of your particular essay.
- Earnings management
- Cash flow. How has this changed with time?
- The use of internet based accountants
- Offshore accounting
- History of accounting
- The best accounting practices
- Becoming a certified accountant
- Historical accounting practices
- Accounting and modern technology
- Accounting software
- Accounting ethics
- Tax. You can write about how organizations reduce the taxes they have to pay or how individuals might pay more than they need because they don’t understand the tax code.
- Financial markets. You can write about commodities or stocks. You can write about the role played by financial markets in the bigger global economy. You can write about how few people understand this and why. Write about what issues this raises and what can be done about it.
- Accounting information systems. Write about the rapid flow of information and what it does for modern accountants.
- Managerial accounting. How can managers use accounting information to make better decisions?
- Personal finances. What benefits can individuals get from hiring personal accountants? Is it better overall?
- Debt management. This is a serious issue and what can be done to fix it for the future and stop problems before they happen?
- What influence does the culture or an organization have on accounting?
- What influence does culture of an organization have on the accounting procedures it uses?
When you do sit down to write your final paper there are a few stylistic components and format components about which you should know:
- When you write your research paper make sure to use past tense unless you are referring to an established fact.
- Organize one idea for each major paragraph. If you have four main ideas you want to present then you will need four main paragraphs in the body of your essay.
- Only present background information as it is necessary. Make sure all of the background information you present is needed to support the position you are taking.
- State your hypothesis in a clear and concise manner.
- Make sure to check your spelling and word choice.
Chances are that you will have to format the paper in APA and include the following sections:
- Cover page
- Literature review